Over 20 years of experience specializing in commercial and residential real estate, corporate, banking, finance and tax law in the United States, Australia, and London. Authorized closing attorney for over 40 lenders.
Nathan Erlich, P.C. Forest Hills, NY June 1991-Present
Represents major lenders, financial institutions, purchasers, sellers, and title companies on all matters relating to residential and commercial real estate. Coordinates 1031 tax exchanges for clients purchasing or selling property ranging from single family dwellings to multi-million dollar corporate pharmacy chains such as CVS and Walgreens. Counsels clients on in-depth tax issues affecting real property and corporate transactions. Provides financial planning on real estate and tax matters. Structures clients' investment property transactions in a tax beneficial manner. Advises clients on formulating testamentary wills and trusts. Drafts wills, health proxies, powers of attorney and living wills. Provides contractual advice on issues of contract disputes ranging from local domestic to international contract disputes. Provides legal advice on banking instruments including letters of credit, stand by letters, bills of exchange, bills of lading, contracts, banking and trade instruments. Manages portfolio of 18 buildings in New York and Arizona. Developer of real estate rental buildings and commercial space. Frequent seminar speaker. See website: http://www.erlichpc.com.
Clayton Utz, Melbourne, Australia 1987-1989
Represented major Australian and international financial institutions and corporations in acquisitions, project finance, joint ventures, real estate finance, mortgages, lease transactions, syndications, restructurings, loan participations and workouts.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Tax Law
- New York, 1991
- Victoria, Australia, 1992
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.M. - 1990
- Major: Tax Law
- University of London, London, England
- LL.M. - 1987
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Commercial and Corporate Law
- Monash University School of Law, Melbourne, Australia
- LL.B. - 1986
- Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
- B.Eco. - 1985
- Major: Accounting
- Major: Economics
- Major: Finance
- "Confidences - Bankers and Customers: Powers of Bankers to Maintain Secrecy and Confidentiality" (Co-Author), Australian Law Journal, 1989
- "Loan Participations in Large Scale Structured Finance"
- "Legal Issues of Debt Defeasance (Off-Balance Sheet Financing Techniques)"
- "Tax Planning for Section 1031 Like-kind Exchanges Involving Partnership"
- HSBC Bank
- Chase Bank
- Emigrant Mortgage Company
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Tax Planning for Section 1031 Like-kind Exchanges, HSBC Bank
- Purchasing and Selling Real Estate in New York, Wells Fargo Bank
- Obtaining the best Mortgage Financing For Your Residential and/or Commercial Transaction, HSBC Bank
- Look After Yourself: Do You have a Will, Power of Attorney and Health Proxy?, Middle Village Senior Care Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Association of Realtors
- Long Island Board of Realtors
- Queens County Bar Association
- Rent Stabilization Association
- Financial Planning Association
- American Association of Individual Investors
- National Association of Realtors
Past Employment Positions
- Clayton Utz, Attorneys at Law, Associate Attorney, 1987 - 1989